This is your invitation to join a great rugby club (Club of the Year – Div 2 Suburban Rugby) in the best location in the world (BONDI) in 2017.
Waverley Rugby Club is looking for four (4) experienced female players who have played at a high level to join our women’s rugby 15s team in 2017. In exchange, we will provide a season-long package to the value of AU$2000 to support you with your associated relocation and playing expenses.
Waverley Rugby Club’s women’s rugby team is a developing team in a competitive grade in Sydney and we’re looking to attract players and leaders to help grow our team this season.
We have about 35 registered players in our squad ranging in age from 22 – 42 and we’re famous for our socialising and our all-inclusive attitude towards new players of all experience levels.
Our season starts in March/April and runs through to August/September. We start pre-training in January.
We’re looking for players who:
- have played at a representative level in 15s in the last ten years;
- we’d be particularly interested in a pair or trio of players who have played together;
- are happy to assume a leadership role passing on their knowledge in a developing team;
- will support recruitment initiatives;
- will commit to the full 2017 season (happy to extend into 2018 potentially) and will attend all trainings (twice weekly);
- will maintain active and open dialogue with coaches and leadership to ensure the advancement of the team;
- have (or will obtain) a Visa to live and work legally in Australia. This opportunity is most suitable for those who are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417);
- can join us from February 2017.
In return we will:
- provide assistance in settling into life in Sydney. This will take the form of two weeks free accommodation provided on arrival, and assistance finding suitable accommodation thereafter;
- contribute to the cost of your flight to Sydney;
- cover your registration costs ($300 for the season);
- and cover your social event costs (Pre-Season Boat Trip $100, Ladies Day $50, Presentation Night $120).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration detailing your experience as a player and leader.